Tarvin Community Centre
Street Farm, Kelsall Road, Tarvin, CH3 8NR
Edna Rose Room Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 20th August 2015 6:00am
This information has been sent on behalf of Action Fraud (National Fraud Intelligence Bureau.)
Fraudsters have created a high specification website template advertising flat screen televisions for sale which are below market value and do not exist. Payment is being requested via bank transfer and will offer no protection to the consumer when the television does not arrive.
- Payments made via bank transfer are not protected should you not receive the item.
- Always make payment via a credit card or PayPal where you have some avenue of recompense should you not receive your product.
- Conduct some online research on the website, company name and business address to identify any poor feedback or irregularities.
- Check the authenticity of websites before making any purchases.
- A "whois" search on the website will identify when the website has been created, so be wary of newly formed domains.
- This search can be conducted using the following website- National Fraud Intelligence Bureau because you share your information with them.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Last Friday night a group of teenagers...not from this development.... broke down virtually all the young trees in the little childrens' playground on the Saxon Heath TW development.The residents of the development will now have to pay additional fees to the ground maintenance company that looks after the public areas of the development (Something the LA should be doing!!!-...
In June 1991 villagers refused to be downhearted by what was described as "appalling weather" and hence helped to still raise £1,500 at the 20th Tarvin Carnival. Despite what at time amounted to torrential rain the show went on with the then traditional parade of floats round the village, with the first prize going to the Tarvin Primary School. Again in those days, there was the...
Half way through, and how many gnomes have you found?Its been wonderful watching so may people walking around the village, trying to find the most elusive of the 76 gnomes. The beautiful weather has helped, but it is the creativity on show that has been the main event.There is still plenty of time to take part, it runs until 22nd June, and Trails can be bought for £2...