Tarvin Community Centree
Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Methodist Church
By Charles Bradley - 6th November 2013 6:30am
Tarvin Methodist Church's Craft & Gift Fayre
Every Saturday TMC hosts a coffee morning, with a warm welcome extended to everyone, and there are usually between 40 and 60 people who drop in for a drink and a chat — but, on Saturday last, the numbers were in several HUNDREDS!
A wealth of attractions, with 16 stalls ranging from the handmade scarves and stained glass, through patchwork, paintings, jewellery, cards, jams and corsages, to tea and excellent cakes (not to mention JD's famous bacon baps — the smell of which drifting down the High Street brought in many additional visitors!), ensured that everyone found something of interest and the whole building bubbled with activity for the whole day! The day was a wonderful and very significant village event and it was a very profitable day, too, with Tarvin Methodist Church being able to add £1,120 to its funds — an increase on the sum raised last year. This fund raising is very necessary for us because it enables us to afford to do a lot of things at modest charges (or just for donations) that otherwise might be beyond people's means.
The building was very rapidly re-set for Church on Sunday morning, after which it was then re-set for the "Art in the Afternoon" Group — going from Craft Fayre to Church to exercise space and Art Studio in just 36 hours! We really are blessed with a very versatile building and it is our aim to use it as much as we can for the benefit of the community.
It is certainly NOT our intention to challenge the Community Centre — we will NEVER seek to undermine what they do — but it would be foolish of us not to use our position as "The Church on the High Street" to enable things of benefit to Tarvin folk to take place. Thus it is that, in addition to our Sunday services, we host the regular meetings of a number of groups and societies, plus:-
- Exercise with Ease — for older people — every Monday — 14.00 — 15.00.
- Art in the Afternoon — 1st and 3rd Tuesdays — 13.30 — 16.30.
- Singing & Sharing — 2nd Tuesday in the month — 19.00 — 21.00.
- Monthly Film Afternoon — 4th Tuesday in the month — 14.00 — 16.00.
- Splash — for babies, toddlers & carers — every Wednesday — 10.30 — 12.00.
- Women's Fellowship — 1st & 3rd Wednesdays — 14.30 — 16.00.
- Messy Church — 3rd Wednesday in the month — 17.00 — 19.00.
- Soup Lunches — 2nd & 4th Thursdays — 12.30 — 13.30.
- Knit & Natter — every Thursday — 13.30 — 15.30.
- Saturday Coffee — every Saturday — 10.00 — 12.00.
Everyone is welcome to everything that we do. If you would like further information, just give me a call (Tarvin (018129) 741172) or email me at email@example.com
(Ed. These regular activities will be put into the "Regular Activity Table" rather than inserting them each week into the Calendar)