Tarvin Community Centre
Hargrave Church Field
Coach Pickup - Opposite Park Close
Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 14th October 2014 6:00am
Well, now it is official, The Department of Transport (DofT) has published a paper entitled "Country roads: deadlier than you THINK!" and is launching a new campaign to warn drivers of the dangers of Country Roads, view website here
They have produced stats that show:
- 60% of fatalities occur on country roads but drivers are oblivious to the risks:
- 3 people die each day on average on rural roads
- The number of people killed on country roads is nearly 11 times higher than on motorways
- A quarter of drivers have had a near miss and 1 driver in 20 has had a collision on a country road
Launching a Government Backed Scheme, the DofT urged drivers to:
- Read the road ahead and anticipate potential hazards
- Drive at a speed that allows you to stop in the distance you can see to be clear
- Stay in control and give yourself time to react by braking before a bend, not on it
- Give cyclists and horse riders plenty of space when overtaking
Editor:"As the response from CWaC is a statement that 'The Road Safety Team has no comments to make regarding the improvements to the junction of Tarporley Road with the A51', we suggest that everyone gets in touch with your Borough Councillor and alert them to the problems affecting our rural community and get immediate action to our requests to improve our Rural roads before there is an accident". Contact details are available here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Thank you Tarvinonline for sharing information on Pool Bank Farm. I wonder do you know anything of the Woollams family who were living there in the 1880s to about 1930?I'm in Australia, writing an entry on Robert Woollams (b.1879 Huxley) for our publication on the men and women living in our area who served in World War I. Robert was the son of Margaret and John...
I am contacting you from the award winning television production company, Shiver, who make lots of popular TV programmes, including Come Dine With Me and Paul O'Grady's For The Love of Dogs.I am currently working on an exciting new dating show for ITV, in which the basic idea is that single people looking for love will visit various potential partner's homes (whilst they are not...
Travellers of all kinds have used Platts Lane for thousands of years. On foot was the major form of passage but also on horseback, on small carts or in carriages, as well as packhorses and farm animals.In recent times it was even proposed to build a road through this historic place. How could a council imagine this was a good idea?Thankfully, it remains a quiet by-way for walkers, cyclists...