Tarvin Community Centre
Street Farm, Kelsall Road, Tarvin, CH3 8NR
Edna Rose Room Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 12th November 2014 6:00am
A year ago we published an article about Movember.
Do you remember what's it all about?
Movember is about bringing back the moustache (Mo), having fun and doing good to change the face of men's health, specifically prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health. Prostate cancer particularly has a high profile nowadays with 40000 cases diagnosed each year. For more information click here Men take action by changing their appearance through the growth of a new moustache for the 30 days of Movember, and in doing so become walking, talking adverts for men's health.
If you feel up to the challenge to sport a Mo then here is a list of foods to approach with caution:-
- Glass of milk
- Toffee Apples
- Ale, Guinness or any brew served with a fine creamy head
- Candy floss
- Egg yolk
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Sticky BBQ ribs
- Flaky croissants
- Sugary doughnuts
Did you know?
- Albert Einstein had a moustache for over 50 years.
- Groucho Marx for many years wore a fake moustache of greasepaint on stage and film, then grew a real one later in life.
- In 1967, The Beatles gave away cardboard moustaches with their album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- Women are more attracted to men with Moustaches. Fact.
- In a deck of cards, the King of Hearts is the only king not to have a moustache.
- A one month old moustache is capable of holding approximately 30ml of liquid or around 10% of a glass of beer before leaking its contents down the face of the owner.
- Salvador Dalí published a book dedicated solely to his moustache.
- On average a man with a moustache touches it 760 times a day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Last Friday night a group of teenagers...not from this development.... broke down virtually all the young trees in the little childrens' playground on the Saxon Heath TW development.The residents of the development will now have to pay additional fees to the ground maintenance company that looks after the public areas of the development (Something the LA should be doing!!!-...
In June 1991 villagers refused to be downhearted by what was described as "appalling weather" and hence helped to still raise £1,500 at the 20th Tarvin Carnival. Despite what at time amounted to torrential rain the show went on with the then traditional parade of floats round the village, with the first prize going to the Tarvin Primary School. Again in those days, there was the...
Half way through, and how many gnomes have you found?Its been wonderful watching so may people walking around the village, trying to find the most elusive of the 76 gnomes. The beautiful weather has helped, but it is the creativity on show that has been the main event.There is still plenty of time to take part, it runs until 22nd June, and Trails can be bought for £2...