Tarvin Methodist Church
Tarvin Primary School
Edna Rose Room of the Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 26th April 2014 6:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy — did you!
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th April
1. Which work, first published in 1848, ends with the call for "Working men of all countries, unite!"? The Communist Manifesto
2. Which London theatre is the home of the Royal Ballet? Royal Opera House (Covent Garden)
3. Which comic novel published in 1889 has the sub-title "To Say Nothing of The Dog"? "Three Men in a Boat" by Jerome K Jerome
4. Which chemical element takes its name from a Greek word meaning 'stone'? Lithium
5. Which English railway pioneer was born at Wylam in Northumberland in 1781? George Stephenson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
From a concerned Tarvin ResidentAt 4.30pm today a man came to the front door, claiming to be from British Gas, saying there was a problem with dirty water supplies and could I run the taps for 15 minutes. Whilst I went to run the taps, he entered our house. I pushed him out, as he had no ID, was not wearing work clothes and I smelled a rat. He ran off, saying he would get his ID. I followed...
So the dust has settled on our fantastic Quiz Night which took place on Friday 6th April......and what a night it was! Twenty one teams entered — so Tarvin Community Centre played host to a fun-filled, head-scratching, head banging evening — with around 100 people coming along to support The George Heath Foundation.An amazing and varied set of questions were put together by the fabulous Sarah...
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 the effect of which will be to prohibit traffic on the following lengths of roads in Tarvin to enable Surface Dressing Pre-Patching works to be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester Council.Bye Pass Road, Chester Road, Tarvin from the A54 Roundabout to Pool Lane. Work to be...