Tarvin Community Centre
St Andrew's Church
Tarvin Methodist Church
By Tarvin Community Centre - 7th February 2020 6:00am
The Fire Brigade was called to Meadow Close yesterday afternoon (Thursday, 6th February )after the hedge outside a property caught fire. Contractors were resealing the pathway after new gas pipes had been laid when the accident occurred. The hedge to the property was destroyed and damage also occurred to an adjacent, wooden garden building and a parked car. Fortunately, no one was hurt in the incident.
Sue Hardacre, Vice-Chair of the Community Centre Committee of Management said " Work was being carried out as part of the project to replace the oil boilers with new gas fired ones. We are concerned that our neighbour' property has been damaged and hope that negotiations between the Council Property Services, the contractors and the householders will be quickly settled to the satisfaction of all concerned."
Access to the Community Centre and the Professional Centre have not been affected.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On the 7th February we published an article about a fire on Meadow Close with a photograph of the final damage. A reader has now kindly offered his photographs of the incident which illusrates the story from the...
A concerned Tarvin resident has sent in the following:"The attached photographs show a number of black and lilac coloured used 'poo' bags which have been deposited by the field gate entrance which accesses Poole Bank on the north side of the churchyard. A dog owner or dogowners after using the 'poo' bags correctly to pick up their dog's excrement but not depositing it...
The Council's Waste team is currently focusing on textiles and how climate change is affected by fast fashion. The way we make, use and throw away our clothes is unsustainable. Textile production contributes more to climate change than international aviation and shipping combined, consumes lake-sized volumes of fresh water and creates chemical and plastic pollution. Synthetic...