Tarvin Methodist Church
Scout Hut, King George V Playing Field Car Park
Tarvin Methodist Church
Tarvin Community Centre
By Cheshire Constabulary - 4th May 2015 6:00am
1. There have been a number of burglaries all across the area this week. There are different characteristics between some of them and so I will break them down into different sections.
- Firstly, an unoccupied house in Malpas was broken into. The exact date is not known, but police urge anyone with empty addresses near them, to keep an eye on them and to periodically check them. By making it appear that the address is visited, this will deter potential offenders and therefore make nearby houses safer.
- On Wednesday, two burglaries were reported in Malpas, which had occurred overnight. The office in the primary school was entered and a house was also burgled and the occupiers car was stolen. Police would like to hear from anyone in Malpas who saw any suspicious vehicles or persons in the area.
- On Friday, two houses were burgled during the day, whilst the occupants were out. One was in Bickley and one in Tarporley. Did you see anyone hanging around or knocking door to door (possibly trying to identify empty properties?)
- Lastly, an outbuilding at a farm in Newton, near Frodsham was entered overnight on Wednesday/Thursday and a number of bikes were stolen. Due to the quantity of property stolen, the offenders must have been in a reasonably sized van. Please phone 101 if you have any information which may assist with this enquiry.
- Late on Wednesday evening, a female was seen in Farndon, damaging a number of vehicles. She was detained at the scene and arrested. She was subsequently charged with damaging eight vehicles. An unusual feature of this escapade was that no German vehicles were damaged.
- There have been a small number of vehicle related thefts this week, mainly in or near Frodsham. A works van containing tools and equipment was stolen overnight in Frodsham last Monday. Another works van was broken into overnight near Mickle Trafford. The offenders were driving a transit type van, fitted with roof bars.
- On Thursday, ladders were stolen off the roof of a van in Frodsham. The offenders van had chevrons on the rear.
- On Sunday, an off road trials bike was stolen from the back garden of an address in Frodsham.
Police are carrying out detailed investigations into these offences and also into a number of reports about suspicious people sighted attending at different addresses. Please be extra vigilant and make sure that vans and equipment are securely locked. Call the police if you see any suspicious activity and try to provide as much information as possible, such as descriptions, location and direction of travel etc.
Lastly, a caller reported receiving a telephone call from someone alleging that they had a problem with their computer. (The caller does not even own a computer!). The caller is aware that some neighbours have had similar calls. Please do NOT respond to any such calls â€" they are inevitably scams, trying to access personal information about you. If possible, please try to record the phone number that called you and pass this on to Action Fraud, who are able to make further enquiries and shut down such operations.
Inspector Keith Curbishley