By Tarvin Christmas Festival - 16th November 2020 6:00am
Light up your house/business and enter the Christmas Decoration Competition
And / Or... do the Christmas Light Safari and vote for your favourites.
Prizes will be awarded for:
How it works:
Registering your display
1. Register by doing one of the following:
A) Texting REGISTERLIGHTS plus your Address and PostCode to 07932376327
C) Completing a paper copy available at Tarvin Post Office.
2. Email your entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject of "Register lights". Paper forms can be handed in at Tarvin Post Office or 79 Hockenhull Lane, do this by the 10th December 2020.
3. We will deliver a laminated card with your competition code number. Please make this visible near your display so that admirers can read it.
4. Put your code number up no later than 17th December 2020 as the competition starts on the 18th and finishes 18:00 hrs on 30th December.
Going on 'safari' and Voting for your favourite:
5. Anyone wishing to do a "Christmas lights safari" (walk around Tarvin finding the houses and judging their display will be able to get a voting form by emailing email@example.com or collect one from Tarvin Post Office from 17h December.
6. Completed forms can be posted in a special box at 79 Hockenhull Lane or left at Tarvin Post Office. Alternatively, you can email your name, address and favourite displays in each category to firstname.lastname@example.org up to 18:00 hours on 30h December please put "Votes for lights" as your subject header.
7. The competition will be judged and prizes will be distributed within a week.
NB Should two houses receive equal votes, a local committee will adjudicate.
* Please check that your house insurance covers you for your display.
**Health and Safety: the following have helpful advice on safe installation:
Supported by Chester West and Cheshire Council & Tarvin Parish Council