CWaC has started a consultation on WASTE. It will end on 18 March 2021.
You can find the consultation here
WHY SHOULD YOU RESPOND TO THIS CONSULTATION
1. The results WILL DIRECTLY AFFECT YOU and your household
2. Recycling rates need to be maximised, because
3. Processing costs of non-recyclables need to be reduced
4. Separate charging for green bin collection COULD be introduced
5. Collections COULD go beyond 2 weeks
Questions you might ask yourself as you respond to the consultation.
- Would charging for green bin collection risk an increase in fly tipping?
- Should households be penalised for not recycling? If so, how might that work?
- Should Recycling Centres be open longer to encourage recycling and discourage fly tipping?
- How much per week, for the average Band D property, does the current waste collection and recycling service cost now? Is CWaC more or less expensive than comparable local authorities?
- What has happened in other local authority areas who have already moved to charging for green bin collection or to 3/4 weekly collections?
- How will the Consultation Document's Option B increase recycling?
- Should methods of collection and recycling differentiate between urban and rural communities? Is a "one size fits all" approach feasible or sensible?
PLEASE COMPLETE THE CONSULTATION, IT IS IMPORTANT
This article does not necessarily reflect the views of Tarvin Parish Council but the Council does want as many people as possible to participate.