Tarvin Methodist Church
Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Methodist Church
St Andrew's Parish Room
By Mike Hassall, Clerk to Tarvin Parish Council - 15th March 2019 6:00am
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Cheshire West and Chester
Election of Parish Councillors
for the Parish listed TARVIN
Parish Number of Parish Councillors to be elected ELEVEN
1. Forms of nomination for the Parish Election may be obtained from the Clerk to the Parish Council or from the Returning Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP, from the who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP on any day after the date of this notice but no later than 4 pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday 12 April 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP by 5 pm on Monday, 15th April 2019.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP by 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP by 5 pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
Andrew Lewis, Returning Officer, 15th March 2019
Ed: Click on the Photograph to enlarge the formal Notice of Election.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Once again a very successful and sociable event was held at Tarvin Methodist Church on Thursday 9th May when a traditional afternoon tea was served accompanied by music and poetry from the Rev David Speed and his wife Anne.With many assorted finger sandwiches and a splendid array of cakes, this afternoon tea was of a standard that would have been hard to find at any top class restaurant. All...
It is a week ago today that the Community Centre Committee underwent a notable change. After 11 years in charge, Chairman Alan Wilkinson finally handed back the keys and retired. Along with him, Vic and Jan Shuttlewood and Bryan Evans also stood down. Lyn Brunton, who looks after the Social Media, agreed to delay her departure until the role could be taken over by someone else.At the...
Two Floral Belles for Tarvin's Carnival in 1993 were sisters, four-year-old Georgina and Danielle Washbrook, aged eight, as the village rosebud and rose queen. Carnival Queen was 15 year old Tracy...