Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose Room Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Methodist Church
Tarvin Community Centre
By Mike Hassall, Clerk to Tarvin Parish Council - 15th March 2019 6:00am
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Cheshire West and Chester
Election of Parish Councillors
for the Parish listed TARVIN
Parish Number of Parish Councillors to be elected ELEVEN
1. Forms of nomination for the Parish Election may be obtained from the Clerk to the Parish Council or from the Returning Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP, from the who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP on any day after the date of this notice but no later than 4 pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday 12 April 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP by 5 pm on Monday, 15th April 2019.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP by 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP by 5 pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
Andrew Lewis, Returning Officer, 15th March 2019
Ed: Click on the Photograph to enlarge the formal Notice of Election.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
In January 1993 a poetry reading by pupils at Tarporley High School raised £80 for Somalia. The photograph shows the organisers of the effort, Kay Burgess, Elizabeth Farrington and Alison...
On the 29 October and 16th November 2018, TOL published articles entitled "A very Special Fruit Bowl" and " A Detective Story" respectively, about the local history of a fruit bowl that became a cake basket! Below is the third, and final installment, that brings its history update. Tarvin Tennis club were contacted last year by a lady in Lancashire who sells who sells...
On the morning of 19th March at Tesco, Sealand Road, a shopper was distracted by a male as they placed their shopping in the boot. The male was asking the shopper for help and while they were speaking a second offender stole items such as credit cards from a handbag on the front seat. Don't make it easy for thieves, be aware and report any suspicious persons to the...