Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By Mike Hassall, Clerk to Tarvin Parish Council - 15th March 2019 6:00am
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Cheshire West and Chester
Election of Parish Councillors
for the Parish listed TARVIN
Parish Number of Parish Councillors to be elected ELEVEN
1. Forms of nomination for the Parish Election may be obtained from the Clerk to the Parish Council or from the Returning Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP, from the who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP on any day after the date of this notice but no later than 4 pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday 12 April 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP by 5 pm on Monday, 15th April 2019.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP by 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2NP by 5 pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
Andrew Lewis, Returning Officer, 15th March 2019
Ed: Click on the Photograph to enlarge the formal Notice of Election.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Further to our article on 25th July about the proposed improvements to the A51 Tarvin to Chester Road, the Cheshire West & Chester Council have announced two drop-in improvement engagement sessions as follows:-On 3rd September the first drop-in community engagement session will be held at Chester Rugby Club, CH3 7DB from 10.45 to 16.45.On 4th September a second drop-in community engagement...
Tarporley High School was in the news for a second time in August 1993. The first was for successes in the Chester District Tennis Tournament (see TOL article on 8th August) and the second occasion was for GCSE results that well above national figures but also because there were some notable individual performances.The Tarporley stars in this latter category were Jenny Berry of Tarporley, Kay...
Love Lego? Chester Cathedral is hosting a fantastic Journey beneath the waves at a world premiere of the exhibition — "The Deep" — made with LEGO® bricks.In The Deep, come face-to-face with a 1.75 metre yellow tuna fish — made of 13,000 bricks; a fearsome Mako Shark created with 80,000 bricks and a massive giant squid containing 120,000 bricks which is 2.7 metres tall.An event not...