By Tarvin Webteam - 10th March 2015 6:00am
As we reported recently the Parish Council at their last meeting on the 23rd Feb agreed to develop a Neighbourhood Plan for Tarvin Parish.
The real work starts now and the Steering team is looking for volunteers with a diverse range of backgrounds and skills to help in any way they can. Its not a lifetime commitment and all contributions will be very welcome. Anyone in the 25-50age range or younger will be particularly welcome as it is important for the team to reflect the aspirations of all ages
The first Steering team meeting will be on 9th April at 19:30 in the back room of the Community Centre. If you are interested then there will be a warm welcome if you just turn up I'm sure.
One of the first topics will be to agree the geographical area our Plan will cover. We cannot consider Bruen Stapleford as it is already part of the Huxley Neighbourhood Plan process see map and Cheshire West and Chester (CWaC) will have to approve our area.
At the Public Meeting held on Jan 28th 36 members of the public attended along with members of the Parish Council.
Views were sought on Likes, Dislikes and most importantly perhaps:-
What should change?
The various ideas recorded could be summarised under:-
- Better range of affordable houses for younger people and young couples/families.
- More suitable housing i.e. bungalows, affordable homes for local people, social housing,
- Variety of homes especially for elderly and families,
- Smaller scale development, sympathetic design of houses,
- Rented accommodation which remains so in perpetuity,
- Future developments to incorporate more sustainability, renewable energy etc.
- Limit development by demarcating village boundary and keeping open country between Tarvin and Oscroft,
- Green Belt?
- Better local services e.g. doctors, health care facilities, school, shops, to accommodate growth in population
- New play areas and sports facilities
- Public open spaces, recreation space with car parking,
- more community/social activities in evenings
- more leisure facilities especially for young people, allotments,
- New road system to improve traffic flow to Chester
- Improved employment opportunities e.g. new industrial area(s) with car parking
- Crossing facilities on A54 and A51,
- Better bus service as cycling unsafe
- Car park and traffic management improvements
- more local opportunities
- encourage young people to stay (and work?) in village
The Neighbourhood Plan we believe could play a significant part in shaping our Community. Councils all around us are working on their plans so make sure your ideas are heard. Don't miss out on this opportunity to have your say!
Tarvinonline will keep you up to date with developments as the Plan takes shape.