By Tarvin Webteam - 12th April 2015 6:00am
If you are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick you can ask your supplier to add you to their Priority Service Register (PSR).
Free services available to Priority Service Register customers include:
- advance notice of planned power cuts -for customers who depend on their energy supply for medical reasons
- priority in an emergency -this could include providing alternative heating and cooking facilities in the event of supply disconnection
- password protection scheme -to provide reassurance that callers, for example meter readers, are genuine
- bill nominee scheme -customers can ask their supplier to send their bill to anybody (for example a family member or carer) who has agreed to receive it
- prepayment meters- if a customer is unable reach to their prepayment meter they can asked for it to be moved
- quarterly meter reading services -if no person occupying the premises is able to read the meter
- accessible information- suppliers can provide customers with account and bill information in an accessible format, eg. with larger print or braille
- annual gas appliance safety checks -for homeowners. (If you do not own your own home your landlord is responsible for ensuring that any gas appliances, fittings and flues are safe).
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
WE know that most readers of TarvinOnline have access to a computer and so can look at all the stalls in the Virtual Market in detail.There will be some residents in our community for whom this is not possible and it would be a great shame if they missed out.Click here to see a complete list of the stalls, with information on what they are offering and most...
Everyday we see a large amount of data on Covid-19, mainly at National level. More recently we have been told that our area as part of Cheshire West and Chester is in Tier 2 from Dec 2nd.There has also been a lot of complaints about rural areas being grouped together with larger towns/cities and perhaps unfairly as usually the Covid rate is much lower in these areas.So what...