Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose room of Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 12th April 2015 6:00am
If you are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick you can ask your supplier to add you to their Priority Service Register (PSR).
Free services available to Priority Service Register customers include:
- advance notice of planned power cuts -for customers who depend on their energy supply for medical reasons
- priority in an emergency -this could include providing alternative heating and cooking facilities in the event of supply disconnection
- password protection scheme -to provide reassurance that callers, for example meter readers, are genuine
- bill nominee scheme -customers can ask their supplier to send their bill to anybody (for example a family member or carer) who has agreed to receive it
- prepayment meters- if a customer is unable reach to their prepayment meter they can asked for it to be moved
- quarterly meter reading services -if no person occupying the premises is able to read the meter
- accessible information- suppliers can provide customers with account and bill information in an accessible format, eg. with larger print or braille
- annual gas appliance safety checks -for homeowners. (If you do not own your own home your landlord is responsible for ensuring that any gas appliances, fittings and flues are safe).
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Friday 10th January saw the welcome continuation of the Tarvin Village Quiz for the 38th Year and held each January since its inception in 1982 with 16 teams taking part this year. It is open to village organisations , families and friends within Tarvin and outlying villages. Entrance fee was £6 per team and entrance to the quiz evening was £2 with team members admitted free. The...
There are a number of Parish Councils along the A51 who are working to improve the congestion on this major trunk road towards Anglesey, by influencing the relevant Authorities. As we know the stretch on either side of Tarvin often results in bottlenecks, throughout the year at certain times of the day/week.There is a group that has taken up this challenge and whilst developments...
We're issuing an urgent warning to residents after three elderly victims were conned out of more than £60,000 by fraudsters posing as police officers and bank workers.Courier frauds are mainly committed by organised crime groups (OCGs). A member of the OCG, known as the 'victim communicator' makes phone calls to vulnerable potential victims, usually the more...