Main Hall, Tarvin Community Centre
George V Playing Field
King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 12th April 2015 6:00am
If you are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick you can ask your supplier to add you to their Priority Service Register (PSR).
Free services available to Priority Service Register customers include:
- advance notice of planned power cuts -for customers who depend on their energy supply for medical reasons
- priority in an emergency -this could include providing alternative heating and cooking facilities in the event of supply disconnection
- password protection scheme -to provide reassurance that callers, for example meter readers, are genuine
- bill nominee scheme -customers can ask their supplier to send their bill to anybody (for example a family member or carer) who has agreed to receive it
- prepayment meters- if a customer is unable reach to their prepayment meter they can asked for it to be moved
- quarterly meter reading services -if no person occupying the premises is able to read the meter
- accessible information- suppliers can provide customers with account and bill information in an accessible format, eg. with larger print or braille
- annual gas appliance safety checks -for homeowners. (If you do not own your own home your landlord is responsible for ensuring that any gas appliances, fittings and flues are safe).
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Could I remind villagers to stick to the footpaths when walking through the fields. There are a great many people using the footpaths at the moment as you can imagine, but many of them are wandering off the footpaths across fields and even into fields of crops which have no footpaths at all. Villagers should always make sure that they are certain that they know where the footpath runs before...
In the current climate of community spirit here are some tips for being a good neighbour to those that you may not, until now, have been very familiar...