Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose Room, Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Methodist Church
By Tarvin Webteam - 12th April 2015 6:00am
If you are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick you can ask your supplier to add you to their Priority Service Register (PSR).
Free services available to Priority Service Register customers include:
- advance notice of planned power cuts -for customers who depend on their energy supply for medical reasons
- priority in an emergency -this could include providing alternative heating and cooking facilities in the event of supply disconnection
- password protection scheme -to provide reassurance that callers, for example meter readers, are genuine
- bill nominee scheme -customers can ask their supplier to send their bill to anybody (for example a family member or carer) who has agreed to receive it
- prepayment meters- if a customer is unable reach to their prepayment meter they can asked for it to be moved
- quarterly meter reading services -if no person occupying the premises is able to read the meter
- accessible information- suppliers can provide customers with account and bill information in an accessible format, eg. with larger print or braille
- annual gas appliance safety checks -for homeowners. (If you do not own your own home your landlord is responsible for ensuring that any gas appliances, fittings and flues are safe).
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Many of you will remember that Cheshire West and Chester Council (CWaC) was intending to produce a Traveller Development Plan Document (TDPD). This could have had an impact on Tarvin, because land east of Tarporley Road had previously been identified as suitable for a permanent Gypsy/Traveller site, even though it is subject to a life-time tenancy. However, a decision by the...
A suspicious female called at properties on Hockenhall Lane, Tarvin around 1300hrs on 17/02/20. This female was cold calling trying to sell lace items. Description is around 60 years old, 5 feet tall, stocky build, shoulder length blonde hair with an Irish accent.Any further sightings then contact 101 quoting IML...
Jean Harding, Cheshire WI Federation Chairman set Cheshire WIs a challenge this year to plant a tree to commemorate the WI Cheshire Federation Centenary. Nancy Williams took up the challenge for Tarvin WI and sourced a Black Poplar tree at Chester Zoo and they kindly agreed to donate one of their saplings. The Zoo are propagating the near extinct Black Poplar, native to Cheshire and...