By Noel Radcliffe - 20th November 2016 6:00am
Following inspection earlier this year it was identified that minor restoration work was required on the clappers and the headstock on the 3rd bell at St Andrew's Church, Tarvin.
Various individuals and local groups sponsored and pledged funds to enable the work to be carried out, including, on the 18th September, a band of Cheshire ringers performing a peal that lasted over 2 1\2 hours and raised £1845, two thirds of the funds required raised in one afternoon! Pictured from left to right are: Jack R Bendrey, J David Adams, Andrew J Rawlinson, David T G Jones and Patrick W J Deakin (Conductor).
Following on from this success grants have been received from the School House Trust and the Bell Restoration Fund (BRF). The BRF Committee were particularly impressed with the innovative way the funds had been raised prior to applying for a grant.
With funding secured the project moved into the next phase with the removal and transportation of the parts to Taylor's Foundry in Loughborough in early November.
Heartfelt thanks to all who have contributed funds, time and support for this project.
Click on photos to enlarge