By Eric Plenderleath - 12th August 2015 6:00am
Perhaps you have not realised that there are also Produce classes,in which you may wish to enter.
- Jar of Jam (any variety)
- Jar of Lemon Curd.
- Jar of Marmalade ( any variety)
- 4 Shortbread biscuits.(round)
- 1 Victoria Sponge (Ingredients below)
- 4 Scones (plain)
- 4 Scones (fruit)
- 1 Fruit Pie
- 1 x 2lb Tarvin Bun Loaf Must not be overweight (Recipe below)
- 4 Cup Cakes (decorated)
Recipe for Tarvin Bun Cake.
- 300 gm white Self-Raising Flour
- 150 gm white Sugar.
- 70 gm Butter or Margarine.
- 150 gm Sultanas.
- 70 gm Currants.
- 1 medium Egg
- 30 gm (level desert spoon) Candied Peel.
- 150 ml Milk
- Pinch of salt
Rub the butter or margarine into the flour and salt.
Add the sugar, fruit and peel. Mix with beaten egg and milk
Grease and line (base at least) one 2lb loaf tin.
Bake at 170 degrees, gas mark 3, for one to one and a half hours.
175 gm Sugar
175 gm Flour
175 gm Margarine
Jam for filling
Caster sugar to be sprinkled on top.
GO on---have a try!