Edna Rose Room Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By PCSO Sue Keers - 11th August 2019 6:00am
Throughout the year we need to ensure that we remain vigilant, Particularly when it comes to garden sheds, garages and outbuildings.
Garden equipment,furniture, tools, bikes, electrical equipment, motor scooters and motor cycles are often kept within a garage, shed or other type of outbuilding. These are expensive items to replace.
Cheshire Police offer the following advice.
- Ensure that all windows and doors to garages, sheds and outbuildings are secured
- If a factory fitted appropriate lock is not available, fit a good quality hasp and staple with a padlock
to all sheds and side doors to garages.
- Remember to use a hasp and staple that can be bolted to the door and frame.
- Fit using coach bolts or tamper proof screws to secure them.
- Use disc lock padlocks which have a less exposed shackle and are less prone to attack.
- Mark your property; if it is impractical to use an ultra violet pen consider other methods such
as engraving or a permanent marker pen on the property instead.
- Lawn mowers and bicycles are a less attractive target if your postcode and house number are
indelibly marked on them.
- Always lock or chain cycles together or to something fixed or bulky while in the shed or garage
because this reduces the ability for the thief to steal them.
- After gardening, don't leave spades, ladders and other equipment lying around the garden.
They only provide a prospective burglar with handy tools to use when breaking into your home!
- If you are enjoying a barbecue/ garden party at your home, ensure that you have full sight of all open
- doors and make sure your front door is secured.
Surgeries and Meetings in August
Tarvin Community Centre-
August 14th 1000-1100hrs
August 20th 1800-1900hrs
August 30th 1800-1900hrs
Keeping In Touch
Local Officer Contact Details — PCSO 22206 Sue Keers
Police community support officer
Tel — 101
Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Further to our article on 25th July about the proposed improvements to the A51 Tarvin to Chester Road, the Cheshire West & Chester Council have announced two drop-in improvement engagement sessions as follows:-On 3rd September the first drop-in community engagement session will be held at Chester Rugby Club, CH3 7DB from 10.45 to 16.45.On 4th September a second drop-in community engagement...
The aim is to offer the possible means used over many centuries to cross the Platts marshes. It suggests a storyline for the creation of the historic routeway at Hockenhull. The bridges are the end result but it is the river landscape, the marshes, and, above all, the prehistoric people that set the pattern for thousands of years. However, there is little evidence apart from logs during work on...
Tarporley High School was in the news for a second time in August 1993. The first was for successes in the Chester District Tennis Tournament (see TOL article on 8th August) and the second occasion was for GCSE results that well above national figures but also because there were some notable individual performances.The Tarporley stars in this latter category were Jenny Berry of Tarporley, Kay...