All Around Tarvin
By Tarvin Webteam - 27th November 2014 6:00am
Here are the answers from the Tarvin Imp
1. Where in England is the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art? Gateshead
2. In the name of the telecommunications company EE, what do the initials EE stand for? Everything Everywhere
3. Which Shakespeare play is mainly set in the Forest of Arden? "As You Like It"
4. In which city can you see Michelangelo's "David"? Florence
5. Who challenged the incumbent Margaret Thatcher for the leadership of the Conservative Party in November 1990? Michael Heseltine
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
With the mobile Library opening in the Car Park on Thursday afternoon from 2.00pm until 4.00pm. the Community Centre Committee has decided to open up the Edna Rose Room and offer refreshments for anyone who would like to come along.Sue Hardacre, Vice-Chair said "We are delighted that the Library Service is returning but we were aware that people can only go in one person or one household...
Tarvin Civic Trust was set up in the 70s by a group of villagers who were concerned about the future of our historic village centre in that era of "out with the old and in with the new". After years of involvement in village heritage matters as well as organising the ever popular winter programmes of lectures at the Community Centre, the vast majority of the 65 members...
Tarvin Christmas Festival and Market has become a popular highlight of the year in Tarvin so instead of just cancelling, it is going to be 'Virtual' this year. People will be able to shop at their favourite Christmas stalls together with some new ones, all from the comfort of their own home.In 2008, when the Tarvin Christmas Festival and Market began, it was during a...