Tarvin High Street
By Tarvin Webteam - 25th November 2013 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 9th November
1. What is the capital of the Canadian province of Nova Scotia? Halifax
2. In Greek mythology who was the god of the sea? Poseidon
3. Who is the patron saint of music and musicians? St Cecilia
4. Whom did Margaret Thatcher replace as leader of the Conservative party? Edward Heath
5. In which English county is Hook Norton, home of the brewery of that name? Oxfordshire
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We have become aware that a number of residents have raised concerns with both the Parish Council and CWAC concerning the development activity on the field shown in the photo.Planning permission was granted under Planning Application 19/01028 /FUL 19/01028/FUL for the land At Tarporley Road Tarvin. The application is in the public record on the CWAC Planning Site for viewing...
We received this from a resident today:"I had a strange experience when going into the Tarvin Co-op this morning. I was just putting my mask on before entering when a woman, probably 40ish came out of the doors not wearing a mask and told me to take my mask off as I didn't need to wear it in the shop. For a moment I was taken aback. Had the Co-op been declared a risk...
The Community Centre Committee of Management held it's Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 8th September, having been postponed since May because of the COVID-19 pandemic.Three members of the public came to listen to the socially distanced discussion. The report presented by the Chairman, which covers the year which ended 31st March 2020, is available hereThe AGM had a...