Main Hall, Tarvin Community Centre
George V Playing Field
King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 30th June 2013 9:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy — did you!
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 3rd June
1. On which date is St George's Day celebrated? 23 April
2. Which chemical element has the symbol K? Potassium
3. Which painting by Holbein, which can be seen in the National Gallery, famously includes a distorted skull? "The Ambassadors"
4. Who was the female star of the film "The Seven Year Itch"? Marilyn Monroe
5. Who won gold medals at the London 2012 Olympics in the men's 100m, 200m and 4 x 100m relay? Usain Bolt
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Could I remind villagers to stick to the footpaths when walking through the fields. There are a great many people using the footpaths at the moment as you can imagine, but many of them are wandering off the footpaths across fields and even into fields of crops which have no footpaths at all. Villagers should always make sure that they are certain that they know where the footpath runs before...
For a long time, the only poplar tree of which I knew in Tarvin village was the lofty and upright Lombardy poplar growing in the hedge on Tarporley Road, opposite Hockenhull Avenue. This is an entirely different type of tree from the so-called black poplar, which is reckoned to have been very common in this area in times gone by. Imposing and elegant, the black poplar (Populus nigra) was once a...