TARVIN OPEN GARDENS8th & 9th July 2023
Open 1-5pm Access is Free but donations will be most welcome
There is an open gardens event in Tarvin this weekend. Williams Wood has helped us to raise funds for St Andrews Church, Tarvin Methodist Church and the Woodland Walk.
A programme can be picked up at any one of the following gardens and will be published as a pdf on Tarvin Online on Friday.
Below is a list of the gardens you'll be able to come and see:
- 50 Crossfields – tea/cakes, toilet available, garden is wheelchair friendly. Bird friendly, family-oriented garden
- 76 Crossfields- toilet available, extensive garden backing onto the Woodland Walk, with wonderful kitchen garden.
- 72 Hockenhull Lane – sheltered garden with fruit trees and a lovely beech hedge.
- 85 Hockenhull Lane – steps in this interesting garden which is home to many birds and plants and secret areas.
- 79 Hockenhull Lane – tea/cakes, toilet available, garden wheelchair friendly. Small walled garden that is bee and herb friendly
- 4 Andrew's Close – tea/cakes, toilet available and wheelchair friendly. You want to grow vegetables? This is the garden for you.
- Church Cottages – Walled Garden. A lovely private garden in the middle of Tarvin.
- Vicarage Cottage – Small south facing garden. Making best use of a small garden this has many colourful plants over the year.
- 4 Fairfax Avenue- Courtyard style garden
- 41 Fairfax Avenue – tea/cakes Wild-life friendly cottage style garden.
- William's Wood and Tarvin Allotments – parking for 100 cars and toilets available. You can bring a picnic here and have a look at Tarvin Allotments. There will be Forest School demonstrations, City of Chester Archers will run archery sessions and the Scouts will be at the Centenary Camp site.
We hope to welcome you to our many and varied gardens.