Tarvin Methodist Church
Scout Hut, King George V Playing Field Car Park
Tarvin Methodist Church
Tarvin Community Centre
By Cheshire Constablary - 5th February 2015 6:00am
- Occupants from a couple of roads in Tarporley have reported finding chalk markings on their garden walls or outside their gateways. Other markings have been found by residents outside their addresses in Tattenhall. It is possible that such markings may have been left by offenders who intend to come back at a later date for illegal purposes.
However, markings are also left on occasion, by workmen, marking out pipes or cables, or by children playing games. If you have any concerns about unusual markings outside your address, please report the matter to the police on 101.
- On Wednesday, a resident in Sandiway reported that their post box, located on their gatepost had been forced open. I have written previously about the vulnerabilities of such post boxes, and how they can be utilised by criminals to intercept credit cards and products, ordered without the householder's knowledge, following identity theft. If you have such a post box, please ensure that it is strong enough to withstand being attacked with a heavy duty screwdriver or similar.
- A small number of thefts have occurred from building sites and business premises this week. Offences have been reported in Little Stanney, Frodsham, Carden and Tattenhall. If you live near a business park or building site, please keep an eye on it and report any suspicious behaviour.
- There have been further thefts of and damage to electric fences in the Tattenhall area. These fences are used to prevent livestock from escaping onto roadways. As such, such thefts could have very serious consequences if escaped livestock were to cause an accident. If you have any information about such thefts, please contact the police.
- There have been three house burglaries reported this week. One on Wednesday afternoon in Sutton Weaver and the other two, close to each other in Littleton. The offenders were disturbed in the home of an elderly couple in one of these offences. They were wearing face masks and made a feeble excuse for their presence in the house before making their escape. If you saw any suspicious persons or vehicles in the Grove Gardens area of Littleton on Friday morning, please contact the police.
- Last week, I reported that a member of the Traveling community who lived in Elton had been killed as a result of an accident. Due to his standing within his community, large numbers of mourners were expected at the funeral which was held on Friday. Police worked closely with the local council to ensure that the large numbers expected did not cause any undue obstruction to the road network. The funeral passed off without major incident.
Inspector Keith Curbishley