Tarvin Primary School
Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Methodist Church
By Amanda Phillips, Priority Services Lead - 1st December 2018 6:00am
As you know, United Utilities is the water and wastewater company that serves over 7 million customers in over 3 million homes right across the North West, and we have been doing a lot over the past couple of years to improve our services in giving more support to those who need it most. We all need a little bit of extra help at some stage in our lives. This could be due to age, ill health, a disability, mental health problems, financial worries or even language barriers.
By registering for our free Priority Services scheme, customers could benefit from additional free services from us, to support their particular needs, including:
- - A free phone number connecting them to a dedicated, externally trained team, to listen, help and support.
- - Nominate a carer, family member or even a friend to speak to us on their behalf.
- - A knock and wait service, so if they have mobility needs we'll always wait, allowing them enough time to answer the door.
- - We'll notify them of any planned interruptions to their water supply.
- - Bills and letters could be printed in braille, large print or even on coloured paper.
- - Add a password to their account as added protection from bogus callers.
- - Translation services if English isn't their first language.
- - Help and advice if they are struggling to pay their water bill.
For customers with internet access, there's even an online accessibility tool, changing the look of our website to suit their needs. All they have to do is click on the 'Accessibility Help' button on the bottom right of each page of our website.
As the onus is on the customer to register, if we don't know they are experiencing difficulties, we can't help. You don't even have to be the account holder to join and registration really couldn't be easier.
You can either:
- - Visit our websiteunitedutilities.com/priorityservices and complete a simple online form.
- - Call our friendly Priority Services team direct on 0345 072 6093.
Also, when someone registers with us, with their consent, we could also add their details to a similar free scheme with Electricity North West (who manage the electricity network in our region). If eligible, this would provide additional support if there was ever a loss of power too -- so two for the price of one!
Ed: Do you have a neighbour who might benefit from this service?
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
TARVIN WOMAN WHO THOUGHT SHE WOULDN'T SEE ANOTHER CHRISTMAS WISHES FOR CHARITY SUPPORTA Cheshire woman is celebrating Christmas, two years after almost dying from a serious heart condition.Heather McDonald, from Tarvin, is supporting the British Heart Foundation's campaign to make Christmas wishes come true by asking people to support BHF charity shops, make a donation, or take on a...
During the Open Forum of the Parish Council (PC) meeting on Monday, 25th November, evening a member of the public raised the issue of a possible traveller site on Tarporley Road. He was considering buying a property in the area and wanted to know the latest position. The PC had previously agreed that the Chairman, together with a specialist planning consultant, would attend the Cheshire West...
David Ferguson the St Andrew's Church Parish Warden explains..........The Church clock was installed by Joyce of Whitchurch in 1887, to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. The winding of the clock takes place once a week. Three heavy weights need to be elevated to the height of the Tower Clock Chamber, which can take over 200 turns of the winding handle! Our Tower Captain, Colin...