The Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Methodist Church
Edna Rose Room Tarvin Community Centre
By Amanda Phillips, Priority Services Lead - 1st December 2018 6:00am
As you know, United Utilities is the water and wastewater company that serves over 7 million customers in over 3 million homes right across the North West, and we have been doing a lot over the past couple of years to improve our services in giving more support to those who need it most. We all need a little bit of extra help at some stage in our lives. This could be due to age, ill health, a disability, mental health problems, financial worries or even language barriers.
By registering for our free Priority Services scheme, customers could benefit from additional free services from us, to support their particular needs, including:
- - A free phone number connecting them to a dedicated, externally trained team, to listen, help and support.
- - Nominate a carer, family member or even a friend to speak to us on their behalf.
- - A knock and wait service, so if they have mobility needs we'll always wait, allowing them enough time to answer the door.
- - We'll notify them of any planned interruptions to their water supply.
- - Bills and letters could be printed in braille, large print or even on coloured paper.
- - Add a password to their account as added protection from bogus callers.
- - Translation services if English isn't their first language.
- - Help and advice if they are struggling to pay their water bill.
For customers with internet access, there's even an online accessibility tool, changing the look of our website to suit their needs. All they have to do is click on the 'Accessibility Help' button on the bottom right of each page of our website.
As the onus is on the customer to register, if we don't know they are experiencing difficulties, we can't help. You don't even have to be the account holder to join and registration really couldn't be easier.
You can either:
- - Visit our websiteunitedutilities.com/priorityservices and complete a simple online form.
- - Call our friendly Priority Services team direct on 0345 072 6093.
Also, when someone registers with us, with their consent, we could also add their details to a similar free scheme with Electricity North West (who manage the electricity network in our region). If eligible, this would provide additional support if there was ever a loss of power too -- so two for the price of one!
Ed: Do you have a neighbour who might benefit from this service?
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Some photographs of the OVO Energy Tour of Britain Cycle Race which on the 5th Stage passed though Tarvin Parish on Wednesday, 11th September. This is our second visit by this event. On the previous occasion in 2014, the Tour of Britain Cycle Race came up the A51 from Holmes Street and off to Waverton via Stapleford , as reported in the TOL article on 8th September2014.Ed: Click on the...
The elderly collie was discovered on Friday, September 6th, at around 4pm in a field near Austins Hill, Tarvin.It is not known whether the dog was abandoned or simply got lost when he was found on Friday afternoon."He is very timid and frightened," said Debbie, who was part of the group who found the timid pooch.The dog warden was notified but we made the decision to look after the...
The parents of children at Tarvin Primary have recently received the following email and are reaching out to all Tarvin residents for help with this Aldi promotion."Aldi's Kit for Schools promotion is giving 20 primary schools the chance to win £20,000 to kick-start a health legacy for their school. In addition, every school who enters by completing their...