Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Methodist Church
Kelsall Community Centre
By Amanda Phillips, Priority Services Lead - 1st December 2018 6:00am
As you know, United Utilities is the water and wastewater company that serves over 7 million customers in over 3 million homes right across the North West, and we have been doing a lot over the past couple of years to improve our services in giving more support to those who need it most. We all need a little bit of extra help at some stage in our lives. This could be due to age, ill health, a disability, mental health problems, financial worries or even language barriers.
By registering for our free Priority Services scheme, customers could benefit from additional free services from us, to support their particular needs, including:
- - A free phone number connecting them to a dedicated, externally trained team, to listen, help and support.
- - Nominate a carer, family member or even a friend to speak to us on their behalf.
- - A knock and wait service, so if they have mobility needs we'll always wait, allowing them enough time to answer the door.
- - We'll notify them of any planned interruptions to their water supply.
- - Bills and letters could be printed in braille, large print or even on coloured paper.
- - Add a password to their account as added protection from bogus callers.
- - Translation services if English isn't their first language.
- - Help and advice if they are struggling to pay their water bill.
For customers with internet access, there's even an online accessibility tool, changing the look of our website to suit their needs. All they have to do is click on the 'Accessibility Help' button on the bottom right of each page of our website.
As the onus is on the customer to register, if we don't know they are experiencing difficulties, we can't help. You don't even have to be the account holder to join and registration really couldn't be easier.
You can either:
- - Visit our websiteunitedutilities.com/priorityservices and complete a simple online form.
- - Call our friendly Priority Services team direct on 0345 072 6093.
Also, when someone registers with us, with their consent, we could also add their details to a similar free scheme with Electricity North West (who manage the electricity network in our region). If eligible, this would provide additional support if there was ever a loss of power too -- so two for the price of one!
Ed: Do you have a neighbour who might benefit from this service?
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We received this email about last Saturday's Christmas Fayre from Sarah who is a Headteacher at a school in Liverpool"This is our first Christmas in Tarvin and we didn't know what to expect and our expectations were totally surpassed! It is amazing that a community are able to put on such an event!I wanted to say thank you for all the hard work that clearly...
The Methodist Church became a haven of calm from the very busy market to enjoy a rest and refreshments before returning to enjoy all that was on offer outside.Non stop craft activities for children and half hourly performances of interactive story telling by the very talented Susie Oldfield were very busy attractions. The children all joined in with enthusiasm during the performances showing...
Tarvin Pre-School & Day Nursery are hosting a "stress free" Christmas Shopping Evening on Friday 7th December from 7.30pm at the Community Centre.There will be a variety of stalls including sweets, jewellery, novelties, cakes, home-made items such as knitted and sewn, make-up, wood crafts, Christmas decorations, personalised baubles, interiors, paper gifts, candles, fragrances...