St Andrew's Church
Tarvin Methodist Church
St Andrew's Church
St Andrew's Church
By Amanda Phillips, Priority Services Lead - 1st December 2018 6:00am
As you know, United Utilities is the water and wastewater company that serves over 7 million customers in over 3 million homes right across the North West, and we have been doing a lot over the past couple of years to improve our services in giving more support to those who need it most. We all need a little bit of extra help at some stage in our lives. This could be due to age, ill health, a disability, mental health problems, financial worries or even language barriers.
By registering for our free Priority Services scheme, customers could benefit from additional free services from us, to support their particular needs, including:
- - A free phone number connecting them to a dedicated, externally trained team, to listen, help and support.
- - Nominate a carer, family member or even a friend to speak to us on their behalf.
- - A knock and wait service, so if they have mobility needs we'll always wait, allowing them enough time to answer the door.
- - We'll notify them of any planned interruptions to their water supply.
- - Bills and letters could be printed in braille, large print or even on coloured paper.
- - Add a password to their account as added protection from bogus callers.
- - Translation services if English isn't their first language.
- - Help and advice if they are struggling to pay their water bill.
For customers with internet access, there's even an online accessibility tool, changing the look of our website to suit their needs. All they have to do is click on the 'Accessibility Help' button on the bottom right of each page of our website.
As the onus is on the customer to register, if we don't know they are experiencing difficulties, we can't help. You don't even have to be the account holder to join and registration really couldn't be easier.
You can either:
- - Visit our websiteunitedutilities.com/priorityservices and complete a simple online form.
- - Call our friendly Priority Services team direct on 0345 072 6093.
Also, when someone registers with us, with their consent, we could also add their details to a similar free scheme with Electricity North West (who manage the electricity network in our region). If eligible, this would provide additional support if there was ever a loss of power too -- so two for the price of one!
Ed: Do you have a neighbour who might benefit from this service?
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
34872" draggable="false"/>At the Open Forum of the September Parish Council meeting members of the public wanted to know what progress had been made regarding the locked gate between the Ridgeway and Forge Way. They indicated that they felt let down by Cheshire West and Chester Council and by the Parish Council and would be continuing their enquiries of Cheshire West and Chester Council, in particular the...
Climate change is constantly in the news. Rising temperatures and sea-levels are part of a cycle repeated many times in Earth's history. We are within an interglacial period lasting, with warmer intervals, many thousands of years. The land surface has changed many times most recently during the last Ice Age. A time when ice hundreds of metres thick advanced across Cheshire and its retreat...
Prize Bingo event -Friday 11th OctoberOn behalf of the trustees of The George Heath Foundation I would just like to pass on our thanks for a fantastic fundraising evening of prize bingo on Friday evening!A hundred and eighty supporters of the Foundation came to the Community Centre....with all of the prizes donated by local businesses and individuals....huge thanks go to all who contributed...