Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose room of Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 26th April 2014 6:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy — did you!
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th April
1. Which work, first published in 1848, ends with the call for "Working men of all countries, unite!"? The Communist Manifesto
2. Which London theatre is the home of the Royal Ballet? Royal Opera House (Covent Garden)
3. Which comic novel published in 1889 has the sub-title "To Say Nothing of The Dog"? "Three Men in a Boat" by Jerome K Jerome
4. Which chemical element takes its name from a Greek word meaning 'stone'? Lithium
5. Which English railway pioneer was born at Wylam in Northumberland in 1781? George Stephenson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Friday 10th January saw the welcome continuation of the Tarvin Village Quiz for the 38th Year and held each January since its inception in 1982 with 16 teams taking part this year. It is open to village organisations , families and friends within Tarvin and outlying villages. Entrance fee was £6 per team and entrance to the quiz evening was £2 with team members admitted free. The...
There are a number of Parish Councils along the A51 who are working to improve the congestion on this major trunk road towards Anglesey, by influencing the relevant Authorities. As we know the stretch on either side of Tarvin often results in bottlenecks, throughout the year at certain times of the day/week.There is a group that has taken up this challenge and whilst developments...
We're issuing an urgent warning to residents after three elderly victims were conned out of more than £60,000 by fraudsters posing as police officers and bank workers.Courier frauds are mainly committed by organised crime groups (OCGs). A member of the OCG, known as the 'victim communicator' makes phone calls to vulnerable potential victims, usually the more...