By Tarvin Webteam - 26th April 2014 6:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy — did you!
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th April
1. Which work, first published in 1848, ends with the call for "Working men of all countries, unite!"? The Communist Manifesto
2. Which London theatre is the home of the Royal Ballet? Royal Opera House (Covent Garden)
3. Which comic novel published in 1889 has the sub-title "To Say Nothing of The Dog"? "Three Men in a Boat" by Jerome K Jerome
4. Which chemical element takes its name from a Greek word meaning 'stone'? Lithium
5. Which English railway pioneer was born at Wylam in Northumberland in 1781? George Stephenson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Everyday we see a large amount of data on Covid-19, mainly at National level. More recently we have been told that our area as part of Cheshire West and Chester is in Tier 2 from Dec 2nd.There has also been a lot of complaints about rural areas being grouped together with larger towns/cities and perhaps unfairly as usually the Covid rate is much lower in these areas.So what...
The Council's special project this year had been to formalise the gap in the Ridgeway hedge to allow safe access to the footpath that runs along the side of the A54. The PC produced a plan but it requires the agreement of CWaC Highways. Because of COVID restrictions CWaC have been unable to carry out their safety assessment. The Council don't believe that much will happen in the next few...