Tarvin Community Centre
St Andrew's Church
Tarvin Methodist Church
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 26th April 2014 6:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy — did you!
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th April
1. Which work, first published in 1848, ends with the call for "Working men of all countries, unite!"? The Communist Manifesto
2. Which London theatre is the home of the Royal Ballet? Royal Opera House (Covent Garden)
3. Which comic novel published in 1889 has the sub-title "To Say Nothing of The Dog"? "Three Men in a Boat" by Jerome K Jerome
4. Which chemical element takes its name from a Greek word meaning 'stone'? Lithium
5. Which English railway pioneer was born at Wylam in Northumberland in 1781? George Stephenson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Traveller Development Plan will not now go to the Cheshire West and Chester Cabinet until 6th November...
Once again Father Christmas and his sleigh will be coming to Tarvin with his helpers from Tarvin Rotary Club, also supported by Tarvin Scouts. He will be starting from the George and Dragon at 5.30 pm on each night and will be visiting Saxon Heath and South Tarvin on Tuesday 10th December and the High Street and North Tarvin on Wednesday 11th December. As a result of the generous donations by...
Christmas in the WoodlandChristmas celebrations come in all sorts and descriptions but possibly the most unusual one to be found locally is the decorated tree within Tarvin Woodland. Here, a tree planted to commemorate the founder of our Woodland (Jim Grogan) is each year decorated by a group of people who don't know each other and whose only connection is a love of our Woodland (and...