at 29 Deansway, CH3 8LX
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 26th April 2014 6:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy — did you!
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th April
1. Which work, first published in 1848, ends with the call for "Working men of all countries, unite!"? The Communist Manifesto
2. Which London theatre is the home of the Royal Ballet? Royal Opera House (Covent Garden)
3. Which comic novel published in 1889 has the sub-title "To Say Nothing of The Dog"? "Three Men in a Boat" by Jerome K Jerome
4. Which chemical element takes its name from a Greek word meaning 'stone'? Lithium
5. Which English railway pioneer was born at Wylam in Northumberland in 1781? George Stephenson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Further to our article on 25th July about the proposed improvements to the A51 Tarvin to Chester Road, the Cheshire West & Chester Council have announced two drop-in improvement engagement sessions as follows:-On 3rd September the first drop-in community engagement session will be held at Chester Rugby Club, CH3 7DB from 10.45 to 16.45.On 4th September a second drop-in community engagement...
Tarporley High School was in the news for a second time in August 1993. The first was for successes in the Chester District Tennis Tournament (see TOL article on 8th August) and the second occasion was for GCSE results that well above national figures but also because there were some notable individual performances.The Tarporley stars in this latter category were Jenny Berry of Tarporley, Kay...
I was reminded recently of a slogan which seemed to be everywhere in my youth:"I scream, You scream,We all scream for ice cream!"I cannot remember which particular brand was involved but I do remember that ice cream was just as popular then as it is now. My family always had cornets or wafers (often from a guy with a fridge-box fastened onto a tricycle), but I do remember very...