Tarvin Methodist Church
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose Room, Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 26th April 2014 6:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy — did you!
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th April
1. Which work, first published in 1848, ends with the call for "Working men of all countries, unite!"? The Communist Manifesto
2. Which London theatre is the home of the Royal Ballet? Royal Opera House (Covent Garden)
3. Which comic novel published in 1889 has the sub-title "To Say Nothing of The Dog"? "Three Men in a Boat" by Jerome K Jerome
4. Which chemical element takes its name from a Greek word meaning 'stone'? Lithium
5. Which English railway pioneer was born at Wylam in Northumberland in 1781? George Stephenson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Many of you will remember that Cheshire West and Chester Council (CWaC) was intending to produce a Traveller Development Plan Document (TDPD). This could have had an impact on Tarvin, because land east of Tarporley Road had previously been identified as suitable for a permanent Gypsy/Traveller site, even though it is subject to a life-time tenancy. However, a decision by the...
A suspicious female called at properties on Hockenhall Lane, Tarvin around 1300hrs on 17/02/20. This female was cold calling trying to sell lace items. Description is around 60 years old, 5 feet tall, stocky build, shoulder length blonde hair with an Irish accent.Any further sightings then contact 101 quoting IML...
Tarvin Primary SchoolThere is to be a Consultation about whether to academise to join Tarporley High School and Eaton Primary School in a Multi Academy Trust Tarvin Parish Council have received the following documents from Tarvin Primary School:-A Frequently Asked Question document Also a letter explaining http://local.4440619(how the consultation...