By Tarvin Webteam - 28th December 2013 7:00am
Here are the answers to the December quiz
1. In Homer's "Odyssey", what was the name of Odysseus's faithful wife? Penelope
2. How many faces has a cube? Six
3. In the film "The Godfather: Part II" who played the young Vito Corleone (the character played by Marlon Brando in the original film)? Robert de Niro
4. What is pargeting? Decorative plasterwork on the outside of a building
5. Which composer's only opera was "Fidelio"? Beethoven
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We have become aware that a number of residents have raised concerns with both the Parish Council and CWAC concerning the development activity on the field shown in the photo.Planning permission was granted under Planning Application 19/01028 /FUL 19/01028/FUL for the land At Tarporley Road Tarvin. The application is in the public record on the CWAC Planning Site for viewing...
We received this from a resident today:"I had a strange experience when going into the Tarvin Co-op this morning. I was just putting my mask on before entering when a woman, probably 40ish came out of the doors not wearing a mask and told me to take my mask off as I didn't need to wear it in the shop. For a moment I was taken aback. Had the Co-op been declared a risk...
During lockdown I started to run and in true Forrest Gump style I've not stopped. It started with Couch to 5K and then I was inspired by an interview with Brendan Foster on Radio 5 Live to convert this to a half marathon. For obvious reasons the Great North Run will be happening virtually with many people participating globally using an app on their phone.I'll be...