Edna Rose Room, Tarvin Community Centre
Main Hall, Tarvin Community Centre
George V Playing Field
King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 28th December 2013 7:00am
Here are the answers to the December quiz
1. In Homer's "Odyssey", what was the name of Odysseus's faithful wife? Penelope
2. How many faces has a cube? Six
3. In the film "The Godfather: Part II" who played the young Vito Corleone (the character played by Marlon Brando in the original film)? Robert de Niro
4. What is pargeting? Decorative plasterwork on the outside of a building
5. Which composer's only opera was "Fidelio"? Beethoven
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As many of you may know, I have been involved in many aspects of voluntary work in Tarvin for quite a while. I was on the Parish Council for some years and am now the Booking Secretary for the Community Centre. I am in my early 70's, so the work that I do fills quite a bit of my time and makes me feel a useful member of society. Many of the individuals that do so much for Tarvin are the...
A Tarvin resident out on her daily socially distant walk to the Roman Bridges has found a purse. The name on the bank cards inside is K J Fisher.Please contact Tarvin Online if the item belongs to you, and we will put you in contact with the person who has found it.(Please note that the image is NOT of the purse in...
One way to get the message across was on the road side of the A54 at Holme Street.Maybe others can do this around the...