King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 16th July 2013 9:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy — did you!
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 1st July
1. With which art movement is Salvador Dali associated? Surrealism
2. What size of paper do most domestic printers use? A4
3. What is the family name of the Swedish royal family? Bernadotte
4. Who composed the music for the ballet "Swan Lake"? Tchaikovsky
5. Which Italian city is home to the football team Juventus? Turin
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
In May 1994, Tarvin Primary School pupils ended a term's work on the Second World War with a presentation of a play, The Evacuees.Previously the pupils travelled to Eden Camp, a Second World War museum at Malton, near York, as part of their studies.Ed: Click on the photograph to...
We really do live in strange times, don't we? After more than three months spent tending the lawn, dead-heading the flowers and having to talk to our close family via WhatsApp, people are beginning to hanker for some of the "normal" things that we would have shrugged (or even complained) about just twelve months ago. Clearly, Tarvin W.I. members have missed their meetings so...
This briefing note outlines requests for residents to pay for theiradditional garden bin.BackgroundThe garden waste collection service was suspended in March at the start of thecoronavirus pandemic as staff sickness levels in the workforce increased. All gardenwaste resources were used to support the domestic waste and recycling collectionsto allow them to continue to...