St Andrew's Church
Tarvin Methodist Church
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 21st March 2014 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th March
1. Which herb is one of the main ingredients of the Italian sauce pesto (also called pesto genovese)? Basil
2. Who wrote the poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade"? Alfred Lord Tennyson
3. In Shakespeare's play "Macbeth", which king of Scotland is murdered by Macbeth? Duncan
4. Of what art form is David Bailey a distinguished practitioner? Photography
5. Which film star won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"? Jack Nicholson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Traveller Development Plan will not now go to the Cheshire West and Chester Cabinet until 6th November...
Once again Father Christmas and his sleigh will be coming to Tarvin with his helpers from Tarvin Rotary Club, also supported by Tarvin Scouts. He will be starting from the George and Dragon at 5.30 pm on each night and will be visiting Saxon Heath and South Tarvin on Tuesday 10th December and the High Street and North Tarvin on Wednesday 11th December. As a result of the generous donations by...
At a time before the A51 Tarvin by-pass was built, all of the fields were bounded by hawthorn hedges, which were maintained (to a greater or lesser degree) by the farmers whose fields they were. After the completion of the by-pass, the unused land then belonged to the Highways Agency, whose interest in hedge maintenance was vanishingly slight. The hedges, blissfully unaware of this, kept on...