King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 21st March 2014 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th March
1. Which herb is one of the main ingredients of the Italian sauce pesto (also called pesto genovese)? Basil
2. Who wrote the poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade"? Alfred Lord Tennyson
3. In Shakespeare's play "Macbeth", which king of Scotland is murdered by Macbeth? Duncan
4. Of what art form is David Bailey a distinguished practitioner? Photography
5. Which film star won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"? Jack Nicholson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, that theCheshire West and Chester Borough Council have made an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily restrict traffic on the following length of road, A51 Littleton to Tarvin to enable road works to be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council.Temporary 30mph...
The opening of many commercial premises after lockdown saw queues form everywhere as people started to return to a more normal way of life. However, when the Community Centre opened on Monday July 6th there was no rush at all.Vice Chair Sue Hardacre said "We were hopeful that there could be a resumption of some activities, albeit under strict hygiene rules, but new guidance has been...
This is a Charity established to manage the endowment of the former Tarvin Grammar School. Its purpose is to assist the educational needs of students of secondary school age and older who live within the Ancient Parish of Tarvin.This may take the form of financial grants for tuition fees, books, musical instruments, apprenticeships and travel on approved courses.Applications...