Main Hall, Tarvin Community Centre
George V Playing Field
King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 21st March 2014 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th March
1. Which herb is one of the main ingredients of the Italian sauce pesto (also called pesto genovese)? Basil
2. Who wrote the poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade"? Alfred Lord Tennyson
3. In Shakespeare's play "Macbeth", which king of Scotland is murdered by Macbeth? Duncan
4. Of what art form is David Bailey a distinguished practitioner? Photography
5. Which film star won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"? Jack Nicholson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A Tarvin resident out on her daily socially distant walk to the Roman Bridges has found a purse. The name on the bank cards inside is K J Fisher.Please contact Tarvin Online if the item belongs to you, and we will put you in contact with the person who has found it.(Please note that the image is NOT of the purse in...
Shown is the sign that will be placed at all entrances to the woodland in order to remind everyone of the need to practice social distancing from one another (including when using the bird hide).One member of the public has written to the woodland trustees to ask that the bird hide be dismantled (or placed out of bounds during this worrying time) as a large number of young persons are using the...
Following Government instruction, we sadly closed our doors on Friday evening (20th March) for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, our takeaway service also had to come to an end in line with the closure. We would love to keep supplying the village with takeaway food during this time but it just isn't feasible. The most important thing is the health & wellbeing of our staff & customers...