By Tarvin Webteam - 21st March 2014 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th March
1. Which herb is one of the main ingredients of the Italian sauce pesto (also called pesto genovese)? Basil
2. Who wrote the poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade"? Alfred Lord Tennyson
3. In Shakespeare's play "Macbeth", which king of Scotland is murdered by Macbeth? Duncan
4. Of what art form is David Bailey a distinguished practitioner? Photography
5. Which film star won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"? Jack Nicholson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We have become aware that a number of residents have raised concerns with both the Parish Council and CWAC concerning the development activity on the field shown in the photo.Planning permission was granted under Planning Application 19/01028 /FUL 19/01028/FUL for the land At Tarporley Road Tarvin. The application is in the public record on the CWAC Planning Site for viewing...
We received this from a resident today:"I had a strange experience when going into the Tarvin Co-op this morning. I was just putting my mask on before entering when a woman, probably 40ish came out of the doors not wearing a mask and told me to take my mask off as I didn't need to wear it in the shop. For a moment I was taken aback. Had the Co-op been declared a risk...
During lockdown I started to run and in true Forrest Gump style I've not stopped. It started with Couch to 5K and then I was inspired by an interview with Brendan Foster on Radio 5 Live to convert this to a half marathon. For obvious reasons the Great North Run will be happening virtually with many people participating globally using an app on their phone.I'll be...