Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose room of Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 21st March 2014 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th March
1. Which herb is one of the main ingredients of the Italian sauce pesto (also called pesto genovese)? Basil
2. Who wrote the poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade"? Alfred Lord Tennyson
3. In Shakespeare's play "Macbeth", which king of Scotland is murdered by Macbeth? Duncan
4. Of what art form is David Bailey a distinguished practitioner? Photography
5. Which film star won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"? Jack Nicholson
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
An extremely tight finish to the final of the Village Quiz on Friday saw newcomers, The Railway, beat Tarvin Methodist Church by 28 points to 27. This followed a number of high-scoring rounds with 2 or 3 points often being the winning margin in most matches.In Village Quiz tradition, Stuart McNeil, ' Mac', chaired the event with his usual good humour. He was ably assisted by Ellie...
There are a number of Parish Councils along the A51 who are working to improve the congestion on this major trunk road towards Anglesey, by influencing the relevant Authorities. As we know the stretch on either side of Tarvin often results in bottlenecks, throughout the year at certain times of the day/week.There is a group that has taken up this challenge and whilst developments...
Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) has started its 12 week consultation on its proposed airspace change, which will involve potential changes to the routes taken by aircraft departing from and arriving at the Airport.The consultation started on Monday 13th January and will end on Thursday 9th April 2020.http://local.4435897(More details are available...