Main Hall, Tarvin Community Centre
George V Playing Field
King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 20th August 2013 9:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy — did you!
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 5th August
1. Who became the first woman to win an Olympic gold medal for boxing in 2012? Nicola Adams
2. Which chemical element has the symbol Sn? Tin
3. Give the birth and death dates for the explorer Captain James Cook? 1728 — 1779
4. In Greek mythology who was the goddess of victory? Nike
5. Who painted the "Girl with a Pearl Earring"? Vermeer
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Could I remind villagers to stick to the footpaths when walking through the fields. There are a great many people using the footpaths at the moment as you can imagine, but many of them are wandering off the footpaths across fields and even into fields of crops which have no footpaths at all. Villagers should always make sure that they are certain that they know where the footpath runs before...
For a long time, the only poplar tree of which I knew in Tarvin village was the lofty and upright Lombardy poplar growing in the hedge on Tarporley Road, opposite Hockenhull Avenue. This is an entirely different type of tree from the so-called black poplar, which is reckoned to have been very common in this area in times gone by. Imposing and elegant, the black poplar (Populus nigra) was once a...