By Tarvin Webteam - 26th October 2013 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 9th October
1. On which racecourse is the classic horse race the St Leger run? Doncaster
2. Give years for the life of the explorer David Livingstone? 1813 — 1873
3. Which UK supermarket chain is part of the John Lewis Partnership? Waitrose
4. Who is the heroine of Jane Austen's "Mansfield Park"? Fanny Price
5. Who was the female star of the 1973 film "The Way We Were"? Barbra Streisand
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
In early August 1994, pupils at Tarvin Primary School had an active and varied end to their summer term.For Alexandra Brunt, Sarah Cleary, Dominic Murgatroyd and Stephen Eames, all aged 10, and Laura Wilson, Charlotte Hopkins, and Jodie Robinson, all aged 9, it was dipping into the school pond.For cancer research class six pupils Matthew...
WE know that most readers of TarvinOnline have access to a computer and so can look at all the stalls in the Virtual Market in detail.There will be some residents in our community for whom this is not possible and it would be a great shame if they missed out.Click here to see a complete list of the stalls, with information on what they are offering and most...
#Basic Mincemeat Recipe (Makes enough for about 3, 1lb (350ml) preserving jars.) Ingredients8 oz (225g) Cooking apples, cored and chopped very small (Essential) -peeling optional2 level teaspoons mixed ground spice (Essential)¼ level teaspoon ground cinnamon (Optional)Large pinch freshly grated nutmeg (Important)6oz or 150g raisins (Essential)4oz or 100 g sultanas...