George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 26th October 2013 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 9th October
1. On which racecourse is the classic horse race the St Leger run? Doncaster
2. Give years for the life of the explorer David Livingstone? 1813 — 1873
3. Which UK supermarket chain is part of the John Lewis Partnership? Waitrose
4. Who is the heroine of Jane Austen's "Mansfield Park"? Fanny Price
5. Who was the female star of the 1973 film "The Way We Were"? Barbra Streisand
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Parish Council meeting held on Monday 18th May considered the following report from a local resident:"Because of "lockdown" and the warm and dry April I have walked -- in most cases for the first time -- every footpath in the pre-2015 Parish of Tarvin. I thought it might be useful to set out the problems which I noted while they are fresh in my mind so you can circulate this...
Residents were reminded to only visit if absolutely necessary and consider how essential their trip is before setting off. The recycling centres are for the use of Cheshire West and Chester residents only.Northwich, Neston, Ellesmere Port, Winsford and Chester HWRCs After two weeks each of the sites has been reviewed and will be returning to normal operating hours, days and traffic...
There were many discoveries in store for us when, over 40 years ago and in the depths of winter, we moved to Tarvin. Everything was new and we were able (with, as it were, new eyes) to watch the village go through its seasonal evolution: winter becoming spring and then moving into summer. In the spring, it was a joy to see buds beginning to break and, not long thereafter, hedgerows along lanes...