By Tarvin Webteam - 1st October 2013 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 9th September
1. In the computing term LAN, what does the letter N stand for? Network (Local Area Network)
2. Who directed the 1991 film "JFK"? Oliver Stone
3. What are the main products produced under the Moleskine brand? Notebooks and diaries
4. Who composed the "Carnival of the Animals"? Saint-Saens
5. At which ground do Bury FC play their home games? Gigg Lane
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
At the end of July 1994, the Champions of the Chester & District Primary Schools Kwik Cricket tournament were the pupils of Tarvin Primary School. The students scooped the honours during a competition which was held at Chester College.The team is pictured with captain Brett Balac, 10, holding the bat.Ed: Kwik Cricket apparently originates from Australia but is now supported by the England &...
In early August 1994, pupils at Tarvin Primary School had an active and varied end to their summer term.For Alexandra Brunt, Sarah Cleary, Dominic Murgatroyd and Stephen Eames, all aged 10, and Laura Wilson, Charlotte Hopkins, and Jodie Robinson, all aged 9, it was dipping into the school pond.For cancer research class six pupils Matthew...
Cheshire's Police and Crime Commissioner David Keane and Chief Constable Darren Martland are looking for local people to help advise them on key issues relating to governance, finance and risk management.They wish to appoint two additional members to their Joint Audit Advisory Committee, providing assurance on governance and financial matters.The Joint Audit Advisory Committee was...