St Andrew's Church
Tarvin Methodist Church
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 1st October 2013 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 9th September
1. In the computing term LAN, what does the letter N stand for? Network (Local Area Network)
2. Who directed the 1991 film "JFK"? Oliver Stone
3. What are the main products produced under the Moleskine brand? Notebooks and diaries
4. Who composed the "Carnival of the Animals"? Saint-Saens
5. At which ground do Bury FC play their home games? Gigg Lane
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Traveller Development Plan will not now go to the Cheshire West and Chester Cabinet until 6th November...
Once again Father Christmas and his sleigh will be coming to Tarvin with his helpers from Tarvin Rotary Club, also supported by Tarvin Scouts. He will be starting from the George and Dragon at 5.30 pm on each night and will be visiting Saxon Heath and South Tarvin on Tuesday 10th December and the High Street and North Tarvin on Wednesday 11th December. As a result of the generous donations by...
At a time before the A51 Tarvin by-pass was built, all of the fields were bounded by hawthorn hedges, which were maintained (to a greater or lesser degree) by the farmers whose fields they were. After the completion of the by-pass, the unused land then belonged to the Highways Agency, whose interest in hedge maintenance was vanishingly slight. The hedges, blissfully unaware of this, kept on...