King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 1st October 2013 6:00am
Here are the answers to the quiz posted 9th September
1. In the computing term LAN, what does the letter N stand for? Network (Local Area Network)
2. Who directed the 1991 film "JFK"? Oliver Stone
3. What are the main products produced under the Moleskine brand? Notebooks and diaries
4. Who composed the "Carnival of the Animals"? Saint-Saens
5. At which ground do Bury FC play their home games? Gigg Lane
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
In May 1994, Tarvin Primary School pupils ended a term's work on the Second World War with a presentation of a play, The Evacuees.Previously the pupils travelled to Eden Camp, a Second World War museum at Malton, near York, as part of their studies.Ed: Click on the photograph to...
This briefing note outlines requests for residents to pay for theiradditional garden bin.BackgroundThe garden waste collection service was suspended in March at the start of thecoronavirus pandemic as staff sickness levels in the workforce increased. All gardenwaste resources were used to support the domestic waste and recycling collectionsto allow them to continue to...
Yesterday we published an unusual article about a "News Free Day" and we are delighted that its had its first response from a reader whose e-mail began "Just thought this was a bit of news" and then follows up with:Kellie & Ella Weaver (mum & daughter) from Tarvin did the 50 mile challenge for the NHS in April. Kellie ran and 8 year old Ella cycled. Well done both.Ed:...