By Tarvin Webteam - 9th April 2014 9:00am
Here are the questions from the Tarvin Imp
1. Which work, first published in 1848, ends with the call for "Working men of all countries, unite!"?
2. Which London theatre is the home of the Royal Ballet?
3. Which comic novel published in 1889 has the sub-title "To Say Nothing of The Dog"?
4. Which chemical element takes its name from a Greek word meaning 'stone'?
5. Which English railway pioneer was born at Wylam in Northumberland in 1781?
Sorry no prizes just the satisfaction of knowing the answers!
Check out the website at the end of April 2014 for the answers
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We have become aware that a number of residents have raised concerns with both the Parish Council and CWAC concerning the development activity on the field shown in the photo.Planning permission was granted under Planning Application 19/01028 /FUL 19/01028/FUL for the land At Tarporley Road Tarvin. The application is in the public record on the CWAC Planning Site for viewing...
We received this from a concerned parent and it certainly made us think:-"Schools back and so is the inconsiderate parking of parents."So school reopened fully last week and the hustle and bustle of drop off and pick ups has begun again. As a parent of a child who attends Tarvin primary school I understand the pressures of the morning routine to get the kids to school on time and...
We received this from a resident today:"I had a strange experience when going into the Tarvin Co-op this morning. I was just putting my mask on before entering when a woman, probably 40ish came out of the doors not wearing a mask and told me to take my mask off as I didn't need to wear it in the shop. For a moment I was taken aback. Had the Co-op been declared a risk...