Edna Rose Room Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 9th April 2014 9:00am
Here are the questions from the Tarvin Imp
1. Which work, first published in 1848, ends with the call for "Working men of all countries, unite!"?
2. Which London theatre is the home of the Royal Ballet?
3. Which comic novel published in 1889 has the sub-title "To Say Nothing of The Dog"?
4. Which chemical element takes its name from a Greek word meaning 'stone'?
5. Which English railway pioneer was born at Wylam in Northumberland in 1781?
Sorry no prizes just the satisfaction of knowing the answers!
Check out the website at the end of April 2014 for the answers
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Further to our article on 25th July about the proposed improvements to the A51 Tarvin to Chester Road, the Cheshire West & Chester Council have announced two drop-in improvement engagement sessions as follows:-On 3rd September the first drop-in community engagement session will be held at Chester Rugby Club, CH3 7DB from 10.45 to 16.45.On 4th September a second drop-in community engagement...
The aim is to offer the possible means used over many centuries to cross the Platts marshes. It suggests a storyline for the creation of the historic routeway at Hockenhull. The bridges are the end result but it is the river landscape, the marshes, and, above all, the prehistoric people that set the pattern for thousands of years. However, there is little evidence apart from logs during work on...
Tarporley High School was in the news for a second time in August 1993. The first was for successes in the Chester District Tennis Tournament (see TOL article on 8th August) and the second occasion was for GCSE results that well above national figures but also because there were some notable individual performances.The Tarporley stars in this latter category were Jenny Berry of Tarporley, Kay...