Main Hall, Tarvin Community Centre
George V Playing Field
King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 9th April 2014 9:00am
Here are the questions from the Tarvin Imp
1. Which work, first published in 1848, ends with the call for "Working men of all countries, unite!"?
2. Which London theatre is the home of the Royal Ballet?
3. Which comic novel published in 1889 has the sub-title "To Say Nothing of The Dog"?
4. Which chemical element takes its name from a Greek word meaning 'stone'?
5. Which English railway pioneer was born at Wylam in Northumberland in 1781?
Sorry no prizes just the satisfaction of knowing the answers!
Check out the website at the end of April 2014 for the answers
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Could I remind villagers to stick to the footpaths when walking through the fields. There are a great many people using the footpaths at the moment as you can imagine, but many of them are wandering off the footpaths across fields and even into fields of crops which have no footpaths at all. Villagers should always make sure that they are certain that they know where the footpath runs before...
In the current climate of community spirit here are some tips for being a good neighbour to those that you may not, until now, have been very familiar...