Main Hall, Tarvin Community Centre
George V Playing Field
King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 5th March 2014 9:00am
Here are the questions from the Tarvin Imp
1. Which herb is one of the main ingredients of the Italian sauce pesto (also called pesto genovese)?
2. Who wrote the poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade"?
3. In Shakespeare's play "Macbeth", which king of Scotland is murdered by Macbeth?
4. Of what art form is David Bailey a distinguished practitioner?
5. Which film star won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"?
Sorry no prizes just the satisfaction of knowing the answers!
Check out the website on the 26th March 2014 for the answers
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Could I remind villagers to stick to the footpaths when walking through the fields. There are a great many people using the footpaths at the moment as you can imagine, but many of them are wandering off the footpaths across fields and even into fields of crops which have no footpaths at all. Villagers should always make sure that they are certain that they know where the footpath runs before...
For a long time, the only poplar tree of which I knew in Tarvin village was the lofty and upright Lombardy poplar growing in the hedge on Tarporley Road, opposite Hockenhull Avenue. This is an entirely different type of tree from the so-called black poplar, which is reckoned to have been very common in this area in times gone by. Imposing and elegant, the black poplar (Populus nigra) was once a...