King George V Playing Field
By Tarvin Webteam - 5th March 2014 9:00am
Here are the questions from the Tarvin Imp
1. Which herb is one of the main ingredients of the Italian sauce pesto (also called pesto genovese)?
2. Who wrote the poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade"?
3. In Shakespeare's play "Macbeth", which king of Scotland is murdered by Macbeth?
4. Of what art form is David Bailey a distinguished practitioner?
5. Which film star won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"?
Sorry no prizes just the satisfaction of knowing the answers!
Check out the website on the 26th March 2014 for the answers
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As we all know, the High Street can be a tricky place to manoeuvre (especially on busy days)...but we have had a message to ask to see if anyone can help an enquiry into incidents of cars being "keyed" (apparently this has happened on a couple of occasions, the most recent being overnight — Tuesday 23rd in to Wednesday 24th June).The person who contacted us has asked if we could...
In May 1994, Tarvin Primary School pupils ended a term's work on the Second World War with a presentation of a play, The Evacuees.Previously the pupils travelled to Eden Camp, a Second World War museum at Malton, near York, as part of their studies.Ed: Click on the photograph to...
Recall the article on Tarvinonline of 3 June which referred to litter being left on the King George V Playing Field -- last Sunday morning was again spoilt for those who like to take an early morning walk. There were carrier bags, beer bottles and broken beer bottles left lying around by the seat and goalmouth but worst of all there must have been at least 50 nitrous oxide...