Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose Room, Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Community Centre
Tarvin Methodist Church
By Tarvin Webteam - 5th March 2014 9:00am
Here are the questions from the Tarvin Imp
1. Which herb is one of the main ingredients of the Italian sauce pesto (also called pesto genovese)?
2. Who wrote the poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade"?
3. In Shakespeare's play "Macbeth", which king of Scotland is murdered by Macbeth?
4. Of what art form is David Bailey a distinguished practitioner?
5. Which film star won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"?
Sorry no prizes just the satisfaction of knowing the answers!
Check out the website on the 26th March 2014 for the answers
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Many of you will remember that Cheshire West and Chester Council (CWaC) was intending to produce a Traveller Development Plan Document (TDPD). This could have had an impact on Tarvin, because land east of Tarporley Road had previously been identified as suitable for a permanent Gypsy/Traveller site, even though it is subject to a life-time tenancy. However, a decision by the...
A suspicious female called at properties on Hockenhall Lane, Tarvin around 1300hrs on 17/02/20. This female was cold calling trying to sell lace items. Description is around 60 years old, 5 feet tall, stocky build, shoulder length blonde hair with an Irish accent.Any further sightings then contact 101 quoting IML...
Jean Harding, Cheshire WI Federation Chairman set Cheshire WIs a challenge this year to plant a tree to commemorate the WI Cheshire Federation Centenary. Nancy Williams took up the challenge for Tarvin WI and sourced a Black Poplar tree at Chester Zoo and they kindly agreed to donate one of their saplings. The Zoo are propagating the near extinct Black Poplar, native to Cheshire and...