TO CONTACT THE POLICE CALL THE NEW NON EMERGENCY NUMBER 101.
IN AN EMERGENCY ALWAYS DIAL 999
- The very windy weather this week brought a large number of trees down and caused considerable traffic disruption. I am pleased to report that it appears that most people took this extra hazard into consideration.
- Unfortunately though, there have been a number of people arrested this week for drink driving. All police officers are particularly aware of this offence at this time of year. The message remains DON'T DRINK & DRIVE! Please also consider how much you had, the following morning – a surprising number of people are still over the legal limit when driving to work the following day! A conviction WILL cost your license and may well cost your job
- There have been a number of reports this week across the area, Helsby, Tarvin and Cuddington in particular, about aggressive door to door sales people and also suspicious callers knocking on doors. Police have attended all such reports and have confiscated a large amount of property that these so called 'pedlars' were trying to sell. None have had the correct Pedlars license and so were committing an offence. Many carried some form of laminated photo ID – this is NOT a genuine pedlars license and buying from such people may well be funding criminal activities. Please continue to report all such incidents. Local officers are currently cracking down on this behaviour.
- On Tuesday morning, a number of reports came in from the Kingswood area of Frodsham about stables and sheds having been broken into overnight. Other sheds were broken into overnight in Little Budworth on Sunday night and Crowton on Tuesday night. Please make sure that locks on sheds are secure and also consider fitting a 'shed alarm', which are very cheap and easy to install.
- On Monday evening, a resident in Chester Road, Sutton Weaver disturbed two males trying to break into his car. In the small hours of Saturday morning, two further males were disturbed in Quay Side, Frodsham, trying car door handles. Please do not leave valuables on display in your vehicle.There was an incident early in the week where the Eastern European looking occupants of a car tried to flag down motorists near the A49 / A54 junction. This was similar behaviour to when we had a number of incidents where fake gold was sold to motorists. Please be aware of this scam.
- There have been a number of reports from the Farndon area this week about a male hanging around, who is wanted for offences in North Wales. This male was arrested by Cheshire officers on Saturday morning and handed over to North Wales police.
- There have been three houses burgled this week across the area. One was reported on Tuesday from Shay Lane, Tarvin. One occurred on Friday during the late afternoon in Higher Hayes Drive, Helsby and the last was a daytime burglary in Wall Hill Way, Acton Bridge.
- Lastly, on Saturday morning, there was an aggravated burglary at an address on Chester Road, Helsby, just opposite the parade of shops, where three males knocked on the door, purporting to be delivering a parcel. When the door was opened, they forced their way in. Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have been in the area at the time, to come forward.
Inspector Keith Curbishley