Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose room of Tarvin Community Centre
Edna Rose Room of Tarvin Community Centre
By Tarvin Webteam - 26th May 2014 6:00am
Tarvin Imp thought these questions were easy !
Here are the answers to the quiz posted earlier this month
1. What was the Christian name of the French composer Berlioz? Hector
2. In which war did the Battle of Crecy take place? Hundred Years' War
3. In the kitchen what is a mezzaluna? A semi-circular knife, used for finely chopping herbs, nuts etc
4. In which war did the battles of Saratoga and Yorktown take place? American War of Independence
5. Who wrote the music for the musical "Jesus Christ Superstar"? Andrew Lloyd-Webber
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Friday 10th January saw the welcome continuation of the Tarvin Village Quiz for the 38th Year and held each January since its inception in 1982 with 16 teams taking part this year. It is open to village organisations , families and friends within Tarvin and outlying villages. Entrance fee was £6 per team and entrance to the quiz evening was £2 with team members admitted free. The...
There are a number of Parish Councils along the A51 who are working to improve the congestion on this major trunk road towards Anglesey, by influencing the relevant Authorities. As we know the stretch on either side of Tarvin often results in bottlenecks, throughout the year at certain times of the day/week.There is a group that has taken up this challenge and whilst developments...
We're issuing an urgent warning to residents after three elderly victims were conned out of more than £60,000 by fraudsters posing as police officers and bank workers.Courier frauds are mainly committed by organised crime groups (OCGs). A member of the OCG, known as the 'victim communicator' makes phone calls to vulnerable potential victims, usually the more...